Wednesday 21 October 2009

Frigate Design (Just for Fun)

My Concept
Inspiration/ Reference


This is a quick idea I came up with for the waste transportation frigate. The idea is that the chop-shop is aboard this ship and its occupants use anything they can find within the waste compartments. Usually its scrap metal from vehicles or construction materials.

The original outline was far too streamlined and organic in as far as its curved structure. I wanted to use the initial layout but make the design more angular and industrial. I wanted the ship to look like it was made by humans and the design to convey its function.

I used various concepts of cruisers from Halo (namely the Pillar of Autumn) to inspire me and to acquire that industrial feel. I also looked at spaceship designs from films such as Starship Troopers, Alien, Aliens, 2001 a space odessey and 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment