Tuesday 13 October 2009

What is Design?

As part of this project it is important that I understand the meaning of the word design and what the process of design entails.

Definition of the word DESIGN:

"Design is the planning that lays the basis for the making of every object or system. The word design in a broader sense means, applied arts and engineering. Design as a verb is the process of originating and developing a product, structure, system, or component with intention.
As a noun a design is used either for the final plan, drawing, model, description or the result of implementing that plan in the form of the final product of a design process."

During this project blog I shall convey my initial ideas and designs and over the course these next few weeks I will show how research and reference has influenced my designs and how my design ultimately changes and evolves. We shall see how these ideas gradually manifest into the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment